5inch HDMI LCD, 800×480
5 inch Resistive Touch Screen LCD, HDMI interface, Designed for Raspberry Pi
- 800×480 high resolution, touch control
- Compatible and Direct-connect with any revision of Raspberry Pi (except the Pi 1 model B or Pi Zero, which requires an HDMI cable)
- Drivers provided (works with your own Raspbian/Ubuntu directly)
- HDMI interface for displaying, no I/Os required (however, the touch panel still needs I/Os)
- Back light control to lower power consumption
- High quality immersion gold surface plating
|1, 17||3.3V||Power positive (3.3V power input)|
|2, 4||5V||Power positive (5V power input)|
|3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 24||NC||NC|
|6, 9, 14, 20, 25||GND||Ground|
|19||TP_SI||SPI data input of Touch Panel|
|21||TP_SO||SPI data output of Touch Panel|
|22||TP_IRQ||Touch Panel interrupt, low level while the Touch Panel detects touching|
|23||TP_SCK||SPI clock of Touch Panel|
|26||TP_CS||Touch Panel chip selection, low active|
- Why the LCD doesn't work with my Raspbian?
- To use the LCD with the Raspberry Pi official image, driver should be installed first. Please refer to the user manual.
However, for the first testing, you may want to use our provided image directly.
- Why the LCD still doesn't work with the Waveshare provided image?
- Make sure the hardware connection is correct and connects fine.
Make sure the image in TF card is burnt correctly.
The PWR will keep on and the ACT will keep blinking when the Raspberry Pi starts up successfully, in case both of the two LEDs keep on, it is possible that the image was burnt incorrectly OR the TF card was in bad contact.
- Which power supply should I use?
- It is strongly recommended to use a stand-alone 5V/2A power adapter, because the PC's USB port might have not enough power to support the Pi and LCD.
For more info, please check the wiki page
- 5inch HDMI LCD x 1
- HDMI connector x 1
- Touch pen x 1
- RPi screws pack (4pcs) x 1
- DVD × 1
|Part Number||Resolution||LCD Interface||Touch Panel Interface||For use with||Dimension (mm)||Touch Panel Type||How you feel||Feature|
|3.2inch RPi LCD (B)||320x240||I/O||I/O||Pi||As the Pi 3B||Resistive||★★||Low cost|
|3.5inch RPi LCD (A)||320x480||I/O||I/O||Pi||As the Pi 3B||Resistive||★★★||Cost effective|
|4inch RPi LCD (A)||320x480||I/O||I/O||Pi||94 × 61||Resistive||★★★☆||IPS screen|
|4.3inch HDMI LCD||480×272||HDMI||I/O||Pi||106 × 68||Resistive||★★★★||Cost effective|
|5inch HDMI LCD||800x480||HDMI||I/O||Pi||121 x 78||Resistive||★★★★||Low cost|
|5inch HDMI LCD (B)||800x480||HDMI||USB||Not only Pi||121 x 76||Resistive||★★★★||Supports various systems|
|7inch HDMI LCD||1024×600||HDMI||I/O||Pi||165 × 107||Resistive||★★★★☆||IPS screen|
|7inch HDMI LCD (B)||800x480||HDMI||USB||Not only Pi||165 x 107||Capacitive||★★★★☆||Supports various systems|
|7inch HDMI LCD (C)||1024x600||HDMI||USB||Not only Pi||165 x 107||Capacitive||★★★★★||IPS screen, Supports various systems|
|10.1inch HDMI LCD||1024×600||HDMI||I/O||Pi||235 × 144||Resistive||★★★★☆||Cost effective|
|10.1inch HDMI LCD (H)||1024x600||HDMI||USB||Not only Pi||257 x 162||Capacitive||★★★★☆||Supports various systems|
|10.1inch HDMI LCD (B)||1280x800||HDMI||USB||Not only Pi||274 × 187||Capacitive||★★★★★||IPS screen, Supports various systems|
Pi 3B = Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
If the LCD is intended to play videos, please choose the one with HDMI display interface for better experience.
Have a look :