AVR JTAG USB-A
- AVR-USB-JTAG user's guide
- AVR-JTAG-USB - How to install and use guide
- Note: AVR Studio has a bug and when you upgrade your virtual COM port should be COM1 or COM2.
- AVR-JTAG firmware upgrade tool for the very first lot of AVR-JTAG (no -L suffix), all JTAGs shipped after 01.01.2004 are with a fixed bootloader and will upgrade automatically via AVR-STUDIO
- AVR-JTAG connector (top view)
- Please note that AVR-USB-JTAG needs power from the target, which means that PIN.4 and PIN.7 of the JTAG connector should be wired to the target board VCC! This is a requirement due to the optoisolation circuit
- AVR STUDIO for programming and emulation.
Please note that ATMEL does not support this product in AVR Studio 5 and ATMEL Studio 6!IMPORTANT NOTE: AVR Studio 4.13 has a bug and the fuses are not read correctly. On our request to Atmel support they confirmed the bug and promised to fix the bug in "AVR Studio 4.13 SP2 JTAGICE Fix"available from http://www.atmel.no/beta_ware/
- FT232 drivers for your OS download and install to may work with AVR-JTAG-USB via the virtual COM port and AVR Studio
- For GNU/Linux you can also usehttp://avarice.sourceforge.net/ Our customer Mr. Aris (thank you) reported success using the avarice software. A typical command line for AVR-USB-JTAG and atmega32 controller would be: avarice -1 -j ⁄dev⁄ttyUSB0 -e -P atmega32 -f mycode.hex -p -v
- Program and debugs all AVR flash microcontrollers which have JTAG and are supported by ATJTAGICE, AVR-JTAG-USB is completely analog of ATJTAGICE (AVR Studio thinks it works with original ATJTAGICE). Note this is not AT-JTAGICE-MK2 if you want to work with the newer devices or with debug wire this JTAG will not do the job.
- Opto-isolated, so you can debug target boards directly connected to mains 120/220VAC (take care when work with high voltages!), no need for external power supply as takes power from USB port, works with targets Vcc 3.0-5.0V
- uses Atmel's 2x5 pin JTAG connector layout (DIFFERENT FROM ICSP CONNECTOR layout!)
- works with AVR STUDIO for programming, real time emulation, debugging, step by step program execution, breakpoints, memory dump etc everything all high priced emulators do
- full emulation of all analog and digital functions, full JTAG programming support
- upgradable via AVR STUDIO
- require USB-A male type cable, i.e. you should have USB-A male to USB-A male cable to connect to your computer, dimensions 50x40 mm (2x1.6") + 20 cm (8") cable